Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Use Reiki for Everyday Situations

Recently, I had to fly from Albany NY to Greensboro NC for a meeting. If you've ever heard the ironic claim that: "You can't get there from here!", that would apply pretty well. Albany is hardly a major transportation hub in the first place, and Greensboro isn't much of one either. Non-stops between the two cities don't exist, and itineraries which boast only a single layover are even hard to come by. Nevertheless, I had managed to line up a relatively painless route which had me leaving Albany at a decent hour, 9:14 AM, with a stop in LaGuardia of only about 2 hours, which I had planned to spend on a nice leisurely lunch. I got to the airport in plenty of time...a little more than an hour and a half early...and the security screening was a breeze. I didn't hardly even have to slow down. The TSA folks and airport staff all seemed to be in good spirits, especially for a Monday morning. I grabbed a coffee at one of the fast food places and took a seat in the waiting area for gate B10 where the overhead information sign cheerily informed me that my 9:14 flight to LaGuardia was "On Time".

I sipped my coffee for a few minutes and sent HSZSN distant Reiki to my travel plans for safe and smooth travels. At that exact moment, I received a clairsentient message to install the US Airways mobile application on my cell phone. I have to say that I had no idea if US Airways even had a mobile app, but not wanting to ignore my spirit guide, I soon located the app, installed it and registered for alerts as a user. Within 30 seconds, I received a text message from US Airways thanking me for registering, and another message immediately after graciously letting me know that my 9:14 AM flight to LaGuardia had been cancelled due to fog in NYC - not delayed mind you, but cancelled, leaving me with grim prospects for a successful same day connection to Greensboro. Meanwhile, the overhead information sign at Gate B10 continued to beam "On Time".

Taking advantage of this "insider information", I used my cell phone to call the US Airways number provided in the cancellation text message rather than go to the service desk and start a stampede with the bad news. The agent who answered the phone asked me: "How far are you from the airport?" to which I replied: "I'm sitting at the gate." She then asked if I could get to Gate B11 quickly (remember, I have been sitting at Gate B10). I told her that I could see the flight at B11 being boarded and it was about 6 steps away from where I was sitting. She replied that there was a single seat left on that flight and I should immediately go to the counter for Gate B11, which I of course did. The agent at that counter first told me that the flight was completely full, but while I was relaying this to the agent on the phone, the counter agent told me that I could hang up and that he did in fact have one seat left and I could have it. This flight was going to Charlotte NC, and he could get me a connection that would put me in Greensboro within 20 minutes of my original arrival time.

I took a quick look back at Gate B10 as I was entering the ramp to board my Charlotte flight and noticed that the information board for LaGuardia continued to display: "On Time" in its unassuming yet questionably accurate red LED display. But thanks to Reiki, I had managed to avoid the rush and stress of scrambling due to a cancelled flight, and was actually in the air out of Albany before my original flight had even been scheduled to depart.

And there was even icing on this Reiki-baked cake...when I took my seat on the flight to Charlotte, I was surprised to be seated next to a friend from a widower's support group I sometimes attend at our local Hospice office, so I was in good familiar company with pleasant conversation all the way to Charlotte. He was on his way to Bermuda, but I couldn't talk him into trading destinations with me!

Now some folks would think this was just a series of fortunate coincidences but I know better. When Reiki and my spirit guides speak, I listen, and I never doubt for an instant the source of my good fortune. Those familiar with Reiki often forget that it is not only useful for healing the body, mind and spirit, it can and should also be called upon to help with everyday situations. Reiki is happiest when we use it often.

Just for today...be grateful!

Bob McGrath
Reiki Master Practitioner/Teacher
Pathways to Harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment